On Tuesday, July 24, 2012, Vladan Divljak wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 4:22 AM, Eric Firing wrote:
>

>> It sounds like maybe you missed http://pydap.org.
>>

> I have it :)
> I installed it yesterday.
> On a first sight, it seemed to me like a tool for users interested in
> making local dap server (I have even considered that, until I run to IDV),
> but maybe I didn't got it's potential.
>
> I'll check it out again, thanks

For archived data, NCDC is king in my book.  Especially when it comes to US
NEXRAD radar data.  They offer both GUI and CLI tools for data
visualization and conversion.  Usually, I Jude it to convert my radar data
into netcdf format.

By the way, there are three major binary data formats to know in the metro
world: grib, netcdf and hdf.

Happy data mining!
Ben Root