On Thursday, July 26, 2012, Joshua Koehler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am getting the following error message:
>
> 'Figure' object has no attribute 'show'
>
> When running matplotlib in Ubuntu 12.04, with matplotlib 1.2.x and pylab
> 1.6.2.
>
> The code is set up as such:
>
> fig = pylab.figure()
> fig.show()
>
> This works fine on Mac OSX 10.6 with matplotlib 1.1.0 and pylab 1.6.1
>
> Any thoughts or similar experiences?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Josh

I doubt that ever should have worked.  If it did, then something was
seriously messed up.  Also, note there isnt really a package called
"pylab".  There is a special sub-module in matplotlib called pylab, that
you typically do "from pylab import *" with.  The version number you are
giving more likely corresponds to the numpy version number.

The show() function is a part of the pyplot and pylab namespaces.

Ben Root