From: Mark Bakker [mailto:mark...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 05:54

Hello List,

I am trying to determine the position of the axes after an imshow and am
having problems.
I get a different answer on my Mac (the correct answer) than Windows (the
wrong answer).

[...]

Any thoughts? When I type the commands in at the IPython prompt it works most
of the time (on Windows), but it never works when running the file. What in
the world could be different?

mp version 1.1.0 on both systems.

Are you using the same backend on both systems?

Perhaps when you run the script within IPython on your Windows system, the
show() call is not triggering a draw. You can force drawing by calling draw()
before show(). I hope that helps.