On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Nicolas Rougier
<nicolas.roug...@inria.fr>wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I've just finished a new introductory tutorial for incoming Euroscipy
> 2012. You can find it here:
>
> http://www.loria.fr/~rougier/teaching/matplotlib/
>

> It is based on Mike Müller tutorial from scipy lecture notes (
> http://scipy-lectures.github.com/intro/matplotlib/matplotlib.html)
>
> Sources are available from:
> https://github.com/rougier/scipy-lecture-notes/tree/euroscipy-2012
>

> If you've any comments or see errors...
>

> Nicolas

This is really beautifully presented. It would be great if some, or all of
this could be integrated into the main Matplotlib site. Someone emailed the
list not too long suggesting that the user guide was geared more toward
developers. This tutorial would definitely fill the gap.

If nothing else, I would love to see the "Other types of plots" and "Quick
Reference" sections as pages on the main site with links to them on the
main navigation bar.

Nice work!
-Tony