Thank you for your help, but I have already read this link.

I am using zoomed_inset_axes, but the default position overlaps the yticks
and the parent axe ticks, so I am trying:
axins = zoomed_inset_axes(ax,
3,bbox_to_anchor(0.5,1),bbox_transform=ax.figure.transFigure, loc=2)

but it doesn't work.
I have also tried:
box = axins.get_position()
axins.set_position([box.x0+0.5, box.y0,box.width, box.height])

and the position is changed (doing a print I check the differences), but
not in the plot.

I guess I am doing something wrong, but I can't tell.

Any help would be really useful.

Cheers!
Illa