On 8/28/12 9:31 AM, Jose Gomez-Dans wrote:
Hi,
I'd like to plot some EASE Grid global data (the EASE grid is defined for a cylindrical equal area projection). In proj4 parlance, it is defined as

+proj=cea +lon_0=0 +lat_ts=30 +x_0=0 +y_0=0 +a=6371228 +b=6371228 +units=m +no_defs

My data are gridded, and I want to use either pcolormesh or imshow to plot them on a map. Apart from reprojecting into something that basemap deals with natively, is there something else that I can do within python/matplolib to plot the data without reprojecting it?

Thanks!hu
Jose

Jose: I went ahead and added support for the 'cea' projection to pull request 73.

https://github.com/matplotlib/basemap/pull/73

You can get it by cloning my fork (https://github.com/jswhit/basemap).

-Jeff

Live Security Virtual Conference

Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone  : (303)497-6313
Meteorologist               FAX    : (303)497-6449
NOAA/OAR/PSD  R/PSD1        Email  : jeffrey.s.whita...@noaa.gov
325 Broadway                Office : Skaggs Research Cntr 1D-113
Boulder, CO, USA 80303-3328 Web    : http://tinyurl.com/5telg