Hi, I downloaded a zip from the master on the github matplotlib repository,
when I run: python3 setup.py install

I get several 'SyntaxError: invalid syntax' errors which appear to
highlight quotes

byte-compiling
/usr/local/lib/python3.2/site-packages/matplotlib/sphinxext/plot_directive.py
to plot_directive.cpython-32.pyc
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python3.2/site-packages/matplotlib/sphinxext/plot_directive.py",
line 510
    exec "import numpy as np\nfrom matplotlib import pyplot as plt\n" in ns

                     ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

byte-compiling
/usr/local/lib/python3.2/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_svg.py
to backend_svg.cpython-32.pyc
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python3.2/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_svg.py",
line 69
    s = s.replace(u"&", u"&")
                                             ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Full output is here: https://gist.github.com/3656878

I'm running Scientific Linux 5.4 and numpy appears to work ok installed via
pip-3.2.

Any ideas?