On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM, gsal <salger...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Animation/movie advice.
>
> So, earlier, I got some help in finding out about pcolorfast that allowed
> me
> to plot some data as a nice contour.
>
> Now, I would like to get fancier and actually take a look as such contour
> as
> it varies with time...
>
> how to go about it?
> some kind of animation? or movie?
>
> If I want to do one cycle wt=0..2pi rad, or equivalently, wt=1..360 deg, I
> could go ahead and create all 360 contours ahead of time, save them, and
> them somehow display them in a sequence.
>
> I just have never done animation or gluing pictures into a movie.
>
> Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Germán

This should get you started.  Unfortunately, the documentation is very
sparse, but the examples should be illuminating.  Note that you will need
to have either ffmpeg or mencoder installed if you wish to save any of
these to movie files.

http://matplotlib.org/examples/animation/index.html
http://matplotlib.org/api/animation_api.html

Cheers!