Hi Ben,

Benjamin Root wrote:

> On Monday, September 24, 2012, Martin Mokrejs wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>       I have pie charts with relatively long texts assigned to each slice of
> the pie.
>     The text is drawn horizontally. Instead, I would like to have it rotated
> at the
>     same angle as the slice itself (i.e. centered at the "axis" of the
> slice). In this
>     way the text would not overlap other text of adjacent slices (or at least
> if the
>     text starts far enough from the pie).
>
>     The example below is a bit over-twisted but I really want to be able to
> read at
>     least a portion of those ['my text4', 'my text5', 'my text6', 'my text7']
> legends.
>

> Hmmm, this might be a decent feature to add to pie().  Although, I wonder if
> a legend would better suit your needs?

The problem is that some of my pie charts have dozens of slices or very varying
width.
The legend would take just too much space and moreover, there is not that many
colors
easily distinguishable by eye so a person would have a hard time to find which
item in
the legend corresponds to some slice in the chart.

I think this is the only way out. ;-)

Martin
BTW: A percentage in black color on a blue slice is hardly readable. Could
pie() also
change a font foreground color if the background is too dark in those few
slices? Say
to white? ;-))