Hi Jianbao,

> Do you have any references, such as screen shots, gallery, examples, or
> whatever?  I am very curious to see what people can do with matplotlib.

If you can find a Windows machine (or a Windows VM) and stomach a 60
MB download, visit
http://www.convergent.ca/products/raven/downloads.html and grab the
"RAVEN Viewer" and "Demo RAVEN Workspace". When starting the program
for the first time, don't worry about selecting a license, select
"Viewer Only". Open the demo file. All plotting, annotating, legends,
etc are handled by matplotlib. wxPython provides the rest of the GUI
elements. The entirety of the program except for the engineering
backend (which isn't exposed in the viewer anyway) is written in
Python.

If you can't get to a Windows box, then just visit
http://www.convergent.ca/raven to get a sense of the application.

Cheers,
Anthony.