On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 3:42 AM, Paul Tremblay <paulhtremb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You don't want to install for python 2.6. Python 2.6 is out of date at
> this point.

I disagree. Most of the tools and libraries for 2.6 are available for
2.7 and viceversa (they are quite similar), but not all of them. In
fact, in my experience, I have found more compatibility for 2.6 than
for 2.7.

In most practical scenarios, they will be just the same, but if all
your work has been developed in 2.6 and you are not aware of the
changes introduced by 2.7, it may be unwise to switch uncarefully
(even though the Python deprecation policy is supposed to minimise
this kind of problems).

Lulu, if you just want something that works, you can use macports
(macports.org), and install everything from there. Easy and fail
proof.