> Essentially, you want a similar behavior to the markers in the scatter
> plots, right?  As you zoom or resize the plot, the circle markers stay as
> circles and have the same size relative to the size of the figure.  If that
> is what you want, the way to do that is very easy.
>
> ax1.scatter([0.5], [0.5], s=30)
>
> Or whatever size you want (units of points).
>
> I hope that helps!
> Ben Root

Hi Ben,

Thanks. I actually tried this before and it didn't appear to work for me.
But I think the problem was that I thought s was the radius in units of my
axes, and so was simply not seeing the dot on top of the line that was
already there. I was just choosing values that were way too small to see.

This should meet my needs.

I wonder if you would mind expanding on that sentence? Does the example I
> provide do what you want?
>
> Thanks,
> Phil

Phil, thanks for this example as well. It also would work for my purposes.
All I meant by that sentence is that, in my real script, I am plotting a
bunch of lines as well, and I just wanted these circles to also be present
in the plot (the example code I attached was simply the circles/ellipses).

Best,
Brad