> 1. How to open excel file in python?

You can read excel files with the xlrd module : http://www.python-excel.org/
However, you may want to simply read your exported CSV files.

> 2. I would like to plot multiple line joining the positions of each of the
> events, it is possible to do this? Have any idea how to do it?

I'm not quite sure what you are aiming for with this.  You should be able to
just plot a series of lines, as long as they have common start and end points
they will appear joined, but the lines can have different attributes (e.g.
color).  Or you can plot all the points as a single line with multiple segments
(all segments having the same attributes).