Hello,

Hi

>> When running the testsuite for matplotlib-1.2.0 i.e.
>>
>> $ nosetests -exe matplotlib

This is not the "correct" way to run the tests. You need to run them using:

python tests.py

I currently have a PR that indicates that in the README

> I'm getting a lot of errors of the form:
>>

> Does the same thing happen with the following command:
>
> python -c "import matplotlib; matplotlib.test()"

That's another way of running the tests on matplotlib.

> I haven't used nosetest before, so I have no clue if it does anything
> different than we expect.

"KnownFailure" is not a "default" nosetest packages. Hence, we have to load
it manually when running the tests.

Hence, all the tests that are known to fail actually fail, so that what we
"expect".

Cheers,