Hi,

I recently upgraded to matplotlib v1.2.0 on my Linux machine.  For some
reason, plots are not appearing at all on my screen whenever I try to plot
any routines.

When I open the interpreter with "ipython --pylab" and do

In [1]: plot(1,1)
Out[1]: [<matplotlib.lines.Line2D object at 0x2a40450>]

No plot shows up.  This is somewhat strange as no other error shows up
either.  Does anyone know of a way to debug this? I'm not sure where to
start.

I also tried to run a simple plot in a script with

from matplotlib.pyplot import *
figure()
plot(1,1)
draw(); show()