Hi Ben and thanks for the reply

The matplotlib stuff above is an optional extra to an application that I've
created. I don't want the users to have to install the matplotlib package
unless they have to. The only way I could figure of achieving this is to
import within the class scope. They are assigned as members to allow later
reference. Without the assignment I cannot access the matplot lib module. If
you know a better way of achieving what I'm looking for please let me know.

I've deprioritised this bug as it only occurs when the bar data vacillates
between positive and negative values and I'm just looking to plot FFTs. When
I get some time I plan to reduce the problem down and will post here when I
do so. Sorry but I really shouldn't have posted my class directly.

Thanks for the feedback.