Hi guys,

I'm the author of
http://messymind.net/2012/07/making-matplotlib-look-like-ggplot/ which
has gained a bit of interest so I'd like to clean it up and package it
as a module to put on github. I'd like to know if I can control tick
frequency via rcparams or whether there's a way to do it better than my
current approach of

ax.xaxis.set_minor_locator(MultipleLocator((plt.xticks()[0][1]-plt.xtick

This fails in a number of cases like date axes and assumes linear major
tick distribution.

My other question is how should I go about having a function
automatically called on all axes prior to the figures being displayed or
saved. My current implementation requires the user to call rstyle(axis)
prior to rendering, I'd like to abstract this away.

Thanks in advance,

Serge.