I have a collection of Patches and Lines that have their coordinates in
data space, i.e. like in the following example:

import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import matplotlib.patches as mpatches
import matplotlib.collections as mcollections
import matplotlib.lines as mlines

fig = plt.figure()
ax = fig.add_subplot(111)

patches = []
patches.append(mlines.Line2D((0,1),(0,1), linewidth=1))
patches.append(mpatches.Circle((0,0), 0.25, linewidth=1))
patches.append(mpatches.Circle((1,1), 0.25, linewidth=1))

coll = mcollections.PatchCollection(patches)
ax.add_collection(coll)
ax.autoscale_view()

plt.show()

Now, in this example the line width is always given with respect to the
screen space, i.e. does not change when I zoom into the plot. Is it
possible to specify a linewidth with respect to data space? I.e. to say
that a line (in both the Line2D and the Circle) should be let's say 0.1
in data space, and thus scale accordingly if I zoom in?

-Michael