Hi Phil,

Phil Elson wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Thanks for this - we are really interested in speeding up the scatter and
> barchart plotting with large data sets. In fact, we've done some work
> (https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/2156) recently to make the
> situation better.
>
> I'd really like to review these changes (against matplotlib master), and the
> best possible solution to doing this is if you were to submit a pull request.
> If the changes you have made are logically seperable, then I'd encourage you
> to make a few PRs, but otherwise, a single PR with all of these changes would
> be great.

I went through the changes there and they just cope with other pieces of
matplotlib.
My changes are general python improvements moving away from str.startswith()
and using generators instead of for loops. Just apply the patches yourself and
see.
;)

> Would you mind turning these patches into PR(s)?
> (https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/compare/)

Um, I don't know what to do on that page, sorry. I don't see how to upload my
patch file or patched file
to be compared with master. :(

> Thanks!

I am sorry but I just don't have time to fiddle with github. It is just
awkward. I even failed to download
diffs of the changes from
https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/2156/commits.

I rather continue studying runsnake output. ;-)

Martin