Kelson,

Reading the documentation of matshow
help(matshow)
reveals that it passes most keywords to imshow.  Documentation of imshow
help(imshow)
says it has an extent keyword to indicate the x and y ranges (instead of the
array index).  So something like (untested)
matshow(<your matrix>,extent=(left,right,bottom,top)) #where left is probably
min(x), right is max(x), etc.
should work.

-Sterling