Dear all,

In many cases in geoscience mapping we want to show the some missing values
as some special color in the colorbar. like attached one.

I know there is one method in matplotlib colormap called "set_bad", official
docs says:

Set color to be used for masked values.

But I don't know how to make this work when I call the colorbar method.
Is there anyone who have the some successful experience?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Chao
Chao YUE
Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement (LSCE-IPSL)
UMR 1572 CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
Batiment 712 - Pe 119
91191 GIF Sur YVETTE Cedex
Tel: (33) 01 69 08 29 02; Fax:01.69.08.77.16