Hi, I use matplotlib to create a png file, then display it in a web
browser. All works fine. Now I want to zoom the plot. What I can think of
is:

1) Get coordinates (x1, y1), (x2, y2) of the image when user makes an area
selection on the image;

2) Convert (x1, y1), (x2, y2) to the real values matplotlib was plotting;

3) Request matplotlib to create a new png file using the updated area
values.

Could anybody please let me know how to accomplish step 2?

Many thanks,
Tom