On 23/09/14 13:51, Daniele Nicolodi wrote:
> The effect is that the plot title, legend, and tick mark labels are
> correctly rendered in Helvetica Light, while axis labels are rendered in
> Helvetica Regular.
>
> I'm I missing something or there is a problem in matplotlib for which
> the weight font attribute is not respected for axis labels?

I was indeed missing a couple of options in matplotlibrc:

  axes.labelweight : light
  axes.titleweight : light

however, it is quite confusing that tick labels and legend are affected
by the text.weight setting while other parts of the plot are not.  I'm
wondering if something could be done about it...

Cheers,
Daniele