Hi All,

I am working on a platform that makes it difficult to provide repro cases...
but I am hoping someone can shed some light on what I am seeing...
Essentially, I have a program imports another script that* import
matplotlib.pyplot as PLT... when it runs more than once then I get the
following traceback:

Error in atexit._run_exitfuncs:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python27\lib\atexit.py", line 24, in _run_exitfuncs
    func(*targs, **kargs)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\_pylab_helpers.py", line 87, in
destroy_all
    for manager in list(Gcf.figs.values()):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'figs'
Error in sys.exitfunc:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python27\lib\atexit.py", line 24, in _run_exitfuncs
    func(*targs, **kargs)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\_pylab_helpers.py", line 87, in
destroy_all
    for manager in list(Gcf.figs.values()):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'figs'

This occurs because in this case the PLT functionality is NOT being used on the
main script.  If I edit the _pylab_helpers.py file and check to see if Gcf is
None... if it is NOT then do the "destroy_all" logic... else it passes [code
change below]... then the error disappears.   I can make it disappear for many
cases by creating a "dummy" figure so that Gcf gets created and therefore has
some garbage to collect.

Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.  TY,

MJ

[cid:image001.png@01CFE248.0F0A2700]