Hi all,

In my work lately I have often wanted to browse through a series of
images.  This means displaying the image(s), looking at it/them and then
continuing.  I have coded this in a few different ways, but it is generally
pretty slow -- which is to say that the image display takes more than a
couple seconds (~4) after I tell it to continue to the next image.  I
tested the loop without image display and it was a factor of ~80 times
faster than it was with image display, so it's doesn't have anything to do
with reading the images from disk.  My latest approach is basically:
first = True
fig = plt.figure()
for file in imagefiles:
    # read in image data (fits files)
    if first:
        ax = fig.add_suplot(1,1,1)
        im = ax.imshow(image)
    else:
        im.set_data(image)
    ans = raw_input('continue?')
    if ans == 'n':
        break

Is there a more efficient way to do this?

Regards,
Jon

Jonathan D. Slavin                 Harvard-Smithsonian CfA
jsla...@cfa.harvard.edu       60 Garden Street, MS 83
phone: (617) 496-7981       Cambridge, MA 02138-1516
fax: (617) 496-7577            USA