To matplotlib-users,

I ran the installation guide here on Mac OS:
http://matplotlib.org/basemap/users/installing.html

Except I did brew install geos and subsequently did:
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/tc9/homebrew/lib
export GEOS_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/tc9/homebrew/Cellar/geos/3.4.2
export GEOS_DIR=/Users/tc9/homebrew/Cellar/geos/3.4.2

And instead of python setup.py install I did:
/usr/local/bin/python3 setup.py install --user

I got this warning:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.4/lib/python3.4/distutils/dist.py:260:
UserWarning: Unknown distribution option: 'namespace_packages'
  warnings.warn(msg)

When I try to run simpletest.py in the folder examples with
/usr/local/bin/python3 I get this error:
Assertion failed: (0), function query, file AbstractSTRtree.cpp, line 285.
Abort trap: 6

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Tommy