Jouni K. Seppänen <j...@iki.fi> writes:

> Thomas Caswell <tcasw...@gmail.com>
> writes:
>
>> What OS and what branch are you using?
>>
>> Can you roll back to one commit before the most recent merge?
>> https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/3547 updated the numpy
>> api.  If that fixes it, please make a new issue on github reporting
>> the problem.
>
> I think there's clearly a bug in that review request. Does
> _backend_gdk.c not get compiled in tests?

I have a proposed fix in branch fix-gdk-strides of

https://github.com/jkseppan/matplotlib.git

but I don't seem to have any systems with the prerequisites to compiling
the gdk backend. Could someone who uses that backend try this out? It
seems that drawing images or mathtext would exercise the code.

--
Jouni K. Seppänen
http://www.iki.fi/jks