the reset() method is meant to return the slider back to its initialized
value, that's it.

I suspect what you are having difficulties with has to do with your use of
a global variable "amp". It is going to be completely unlikely that updates
to the slider's "val" attribute would actually be updating the global
variable rather than simply replacing it with a new variable. What are you
trying to do?

Ben Root