Hi,

On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 9:46 PM, Thomas Caswell <tcasw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sandro,
>
> Well, creating the tarball on GH is a lot easier for us as it happens
> automatically!  I don't want to unilaterally change policy so I will create
> the files on SF.

the release tarball contains __pycache__ directories and other binary
files, like lib/matplotlib/backends/_backend_agg.cpython-34m.so
(likely it was generated from a "live" directory, where some tests
have been run).

I just gave a brief look at updating the package and I noticed just
some failures in the tests related to test_axes_grid1 (but it might be
due to an un-clean env, I will re-run in a chroot to be sure), also
any reason not to include
https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/commit/ba4016014cb4fb4927e36ce8ea429fed47dcb787#diff-51
? that would fix CVE-2013-1424

Cheers,