From: tenspd137 . <dcday...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Feb 18 2015 at 12:25:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Matplotlib-users] Keep list of figures or plots and flip
through list using UI
To: Thomas Caswell <tcasw...@gmail.com>

Funny thing - shortly after I wrote you - I figured it out.  I have a
GUI/Dialog I created with designer that has a push button which cycles
between two plots I stored in a list.  If you would like to see my
code, I would be more than happy to share.  It isn't fabulous, but it
show the mechanics.  I will also take a look at what you just posted
above.

Much appreciated!

-C

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 10:19 AM, Thomas Caswell <tcasw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please ping the mailing list again (I cc'd the list on this).
>
> See
> https://github.com/tacaswell/leidenfrost/blob/master/
leidenfrost/gui/reader_gui.py#L636
> (sorry for the code quality, this is a bespoked gui I wrote as part of my
> PhD work, you might be the second person to ever read this code) for a Qt
> object that wraps up a `Figure` in a nice-embedded way.  Using this
directly
> you can keep a list of these objects around and show/hide them using
> standard Qt methods.  Modifying this a bit you could make this class based
> on a standard Qt widget, embed them all in a main window/what have you and
> then again use standard Qt methods to show/hide individual plots as you
> wish.
>
> Tom
>

> On Wed Feb 18 2015 at 12:00:27 PM tenspd137 . <dcday...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry for digging this back up, but I can't seem to get this to work.
>> I looked at glue as you suggested, but the page says it only supports
>> python 2.7.  As for the Qt examples I can find, all I see how to do is
>> to feed a single plot widget different data sets - but nothing on
>> dynamically changing the underlying widget and redrawing.  Would you
>> maybe take a look at my code and tell me what it is I am missing?  If
>> so, I'll send it to you.
>>
>> Much appreciated.
>>
>> -C
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 6:48 PM, tenspd137 . <dcday...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > No problem - thanks for the reply.  I tried your suggestion of keeping
>> > a widget for each plot, but I couldn't get the main window to refresh
>> > correctly - maybe I was doing something wrong.  I'll give it another
>> > try as soon as I get a chance.  In the meantime, I'll check out glue
>> > as well - it looks pretty cool.
>> >
>> > I might bug you one more time if I can't figure it out, but I am not
>> > in a hurry and I probably just overlooked something. :)
>> >
>> > Thanks and much appreciated!
>> >
>> > -C

net/