Not sure if this is the right forum; also posting to Stack Overflow (
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30221047/cartopy-conda-install-error-osx-library-not-loaded-rpath-libproj-0-dylib
). Will re-post any answers from here to SO.

Did conda install:

conda install -c scitools cartopy

Seemed to go find, but now I'm getting the following error:

import cartopy.crs as ccrs
Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "<ipython-input-1-762e43a32730>", line 1, in <module>
    import cartopy.crs as ccrs

  File "/Users/Nick/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cartopy/__init__.py",
line 110, in <module>
    import cartopy.crs

  File "/Users/Nick/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cartopy/crs.py",
line 37, in <module>
    from cartopy._crs import CRS, Geocentric, Geodetic, Globe, PROJ4_RELEASE
ImportError:
dlopen(/Users/Nick/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cartopy/_crs.so,
2): Library not loaded: @rpath/libproj.0.dylib
  Referenced from:
/Users/Nick/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cartopy/_crs.so
  Reason: image not found

Any suggestions?

I also tried building from source and got the same problem.

I had a prior install of GDAL Complete, if that matters.
Thanks!