The plot will autoscale base on the data that has been plotted to it. In
your code, you are repeatedly calling plot(), albeit with a "scrolled"
version of the data, but all of the previous calls to plot() are still
visible. Also, no x-coordinate information is provided to the calls to
plot(), so each new call to plot() only overlays on top of the previous
calls.

I also see that you are using the interactive mode. This isn't really
necessary. I would suggest reading through some of the animation examples
to see how to automatically update your plot:
http://matplotlib.org/examples/animation/index.html . I would particularly
point out the "animate_decay" example. While it isn't a scrolling example,
you can see how to update an existing plot with new data from a generator.
It would then just be a matter of updating the x-limits for each update.

I hope that helps!
Ben Root