matpower-pip maintainer here.

Current development is using Octave 5.2.0-w64. But, as mentioned earlier,
the latest Ubuntu comes with Octave 6.2. Thus, I might end up using Octave
6.2.

Since I also use Python, using package naming might be nicer from my point
of view.

So I also vote *A*, but does this version retain backward compatibility? At
least for basic usage snippets.

_
For package naming, I prefer to use *C*, but if Octave supports aliasing
like what Python does (import matpower as mp), I prefer *D.*

--
Best Regards,
Muhammad Yasirroni, S.T.