Replace Sd with Sg where Sg = gen(:, PG) + j * gen(:, QG)

   Ray

On Jun 5, 2008, at 2:01 PM, javad salehi wrote:

Hi

this codes helped me to extract load bus currents but it is unable to give me generators currents (PV & Slack node).how can i do that ???

please guide me

--- On Thu, 5/6/08, Ray Zimmerman <r...@cornell.edu> wrote:

From: Ray Zimmerman <r...@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: please help me!!
To: "MATPOWER discussion forum" <matpower-l@list.cornell.edu>
Date: Thursday, 5 June, 2008, 5:40 PM

I assume you are referring to bus load currents?  If so, you can use
the fact that s = v * conj(i) to compute them. So Id (the vector of
bus load currents) can be computed from Sd (the vector of complex
powers to the loads) and V (the vector of bus voltages) as follows:

   j  = sqrt(-1);
   V  = bus(:, VM) .* exp(j * pi/180 * bus(:, VA));
   Sd = bus(:, PD) + j * bus(:, QD);
   Id = conj(S ./ V);

Hope this helps,

--