Yes, you are right. It works. Thanks.

From: r...@cornell.edu
Subject: Re: adding additional constraints
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 12:07:37 -0400
To: matpower-l@list.cornell.edu

Hmmm, yes, unfortunately, I believe that the DC line implementation modifies
things in a way that breaks the normal handling of other linear constraints by
changing the number of generators. I'm pretty sure that simply adding
additional columns of zeros to the right side of your A matrix to make it the
right size should be sufficient. You don't need to add any rows.

-- Ray ZimmermanSenior Research Associate419A Warren Hall, Cornell University,
Ithaca, NY 14853phone: (607) 255-9645

On Mar 19, 2012, at 2:23 AM, Zhouxing Hu wrote:Dear Dr. Zimmerman,

I want to add additional constraints on only regular generators but not on
"Dummy" generators that created by DC line modeling. However, I got problem of
A matrix dimensions:

Error using opf_model/add_constraints (line 102)
@opf_model/add_constraints: number of columns of A does not match
number of variables, A is 3174 x 3312, nv = 3888

The difference of 3888 - 3312 = 576 is exactly the number of "Dummy" generators
created by DC line modeling. But I don't want to add constraints to those
generators. I'm thinking of adding zeros, '-Inf' and 'Inf' to A, l and u vector
respectively. I'm worried about this would affect the convergence or
computation time. Do you have any better suggestions on solving this? Thanks,

Zhouxing Hu