Dear all,

I tried to run OPF with runopf function in MATPOWER.
1, What is the default objective function ( e.g. "runopf(case30)" )? In the
manual, the objective function is fp and fq, however, what is the detailed
expression of function fp and fq.

2, how can I replace fp and fq with my own user-defined function.
from the manual, I can define fu. , can I make f(x)=0?

3, the solution is .  From my understanding, the problem is to minimize the
cost by setting proper Pg and Qg (In x, Pg and Qg are control variable while
theta and Vm are not). Is that correct?

4, Is there a best solver in MATPOWER, thanks?

5,  What is the difference between DC and AC OPF? What is the physical meaning
of ignoring theta and Qg? In a real power system, why do we need AC OPF?

Thanks,

Lin

<<Catch.jpg>>

<<CatchB056.jpg>>