In case it's helpful, the "try, catch" blocks in loadcase.m are primarily about
attempting to load case files in certain formats and retrying other formats if
you don't get what you expect. If you know that you will only be loading case
files as valid M-file (or MAT-file) case files in version 2 format, you can
replace loadcase.m with a trivial function that calls the appropriate M-file
function or loads the MAT-file and returns the case struct.

--
Ray Zimmerman
Senior Research Associate