See below.

From: Petr Kaplunovich <pe...@mit.edu<mailto:pe...@mit.edu>>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 07:21:40 -0500
To: <MATPOWER-L@cornell.edu<mailto:MATPOWER-L@cornell.edu>>
Subject: DCOPF taking into consideration line power limits.(and N-1 criteria)

Dear All,

I was doing contingency screening research for a last half year using MATPOWER
and only now decided to read the documentation to MATPOWER entirely.
I was thinking that DCOPF takes into consideration line power flow limits
(basically the difference between node angles). However it appears to me that
these constraints are not considered.

1. Am I right?

I don't think so. Perhaps you are not setting up correctly causing angle limits
to be ignored? Please send a small reproducible example that we can take a look
at.

2. Is there any easy way to include these constraints to DCOPF solver? I have
read the section 6.1 but still confused - is there any examples of
implementation?

3. Is there a way to make DCOPF solver to take into consideration N-1 security
criteria? (i am currently interested only in line outages)

You'll need to extend MatPower's DCOPF by introducing additional constraints,
variables for the contingency cases. See the manual section on 'Extending the
OPF'.

Shri

Thank you!
Petya