From: bounce-117798135-71172...@list.cornell.edu
[bounce-117798135-71172...@list.cornell.edu] on behalf of Bai, Wenlei
[wenlei_...@baylor.edu]
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2014 13:46
To: MATPOWER-L@cornell.edu
Subject: control variables of 'runopf'

Hi, I try to understand the control variables in 'runopf'
when I execute results = runopf('case_ieee30'), the system has 6 generators, 2
Shunts, and 4 transformers.
According to user manual, "resutls.x" are all the optimization variables (total
72), including Pg (6), Qg(6), Va(30), Vm(30), however voltage angles, and slack
bus are not supposed to be control variables, and some additional  variables,
e.g. Shunts and transformers should be considered as control variables.
Question: how to interpret  the control variables (72 total) that Matpower
shows to me?

Wenlei Bai
Electrical Engineering, Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Baylor University, One Bear Place #97356
Waco, TX 76798-7356
(254)405-3320
wenlei_...@baylor.edu