Looks like you are working on the same assignment as the previous poster?   ;-)

If I understand your problem correctly, it makes perfect sense. If you ignore
violations, you have a lot more freedom to reduce losses. If you restrict your
solutions to those that have only small violations, you have restricted
yourself to a smaller search space so the losses will increase.

For the pf.enforce_q_lims option (or ENFORCE_Q_LIMS for older versions) the
procedure is described in the last paragraph of section 4.1 of the User’s
Manual  A value of 1 means that, at each iteration of the outer loop, all buses
with generators violating Q limits will be converted to PQ buses at once. With
a value of 2, only one will be converted before solving the power flow again.
The second method is slower, but more robust.

--
Ray Zimmerman
Senior Research Associate