From: Bijay Hughes <bijayhughe...@gmail.com<mailto:bijayhughe...@gmail.com>>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 07:20:42 +0800
To: MATPOWER discussion forum
<matpowe...@list.cornell.edu<mailto:matpowe...@list.cornell.edu>>
Subject: extracting islands in extremely large systems

Dear Shri, Ray and others,

I am dealing with huge systems in my research. I am running multiple dcpf each
time with varied load profile. Each time I run my dcpf, some transmission lines
burn.

Burning is a very serious problem, MATPOWER cannot do anything to help you
here. :-))

Use the function case_info() to extract the islands.

Shri

As a result, islands are created. To run another dcpf with my updated system, I
need to detect islands first, else my solution does not convert ( I guess you
are all aware of this problem). Is there a way to extract all the islands after
I run my dcpf. I need to detect all the islands form and keep their statuses at
4 (which means disabled). Can anybody please help me?

Sincerely,

Bijay