Hello,

I am fairly new to MATPOWER and I am wondering if there is a simple way to
implement dynamic security-constrained OPF using MATPOWER.

A quick search in MATPOWER email thread revealed the possibility of using
'Extended OPF Formulation' for tackling this problem. Also, in the
paper *'Stability-Constrained
Optimal Power Flow' by Daqian Gan, Robert J. Thomas, and Ray D. Zimmerman*,
the problem is solved using MATPOWER. Has anyone in the MATPOWER community
used the Extended OPF Formulation for solving dynamic-security constrained
OPF? If yes, can you provide some insights regarding implementation and/or
reference papers?

I am thinking about implementing the stability-constraints (limit on rotor
angles with respect to COA) using user-defined variables. Is there a way to
call a time-domain simulation software from the MATPOWER, compute the
maximum swing angle (del_max), and then check the user-defined constraints
back in MATPOWER?

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Arun Shrestha