With any new MATPOWER function, such as scale_load()
<http://www.pserc.cornell.edu//matpower/docs/ref/matpower5.1/scale_load.html>,
or any Matlab function for that matter, always start by reading the help to
understand the input and output arguments and the purpose of the function. For
scale_load()
<http://www.pserc.cornell.edu//matpower/docs/ref/matpower5.1/scale_load.html>
you can’t just pass in case file name and assume it knows what you want it to
do.

If you want to double the active and reactive power load (for a fixed, i.e.
non-dispatchable, load) at bus k, for example, you can change the values of the
PD and QD columns in the bus matrix directly (this is basic Matlab, so go find
a good Matlab tutorial if this still looks mysterious) …

mpc = loadcase('mycase');
mpc.bus(k, PD) = mpc.bus(k, PD) * 2;
mpc.bus(k, QD) = mpc.bus(k, QD) * 2;

… or ...

nb = size(mpc.bus, 1);
load_zone = zeros(nb, 1);
load_zone(k) = 1;
mpc.bus = loadcase(2, mpc.bus, [], load_zone);

Both methods accomplish the same thing, though scale_load()
<http://www.pserc.cornell.edu//matpower/docs/ref/matpower5.1/scale_load.html>
can also handle dispatchable loads, etc. (see the opt argument).

   Ray

> On Apr 29, 2015, at 12:02 AM, Aruna Dharmala <dharmala.aruna...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>  This the error by giving scale_load()
>  scale_load('case4arunmod.m')
> Error using scale_load (line 119)
> Not enough input arguments.
>
> how to fixed the load at given bus and how to change the PD column in the bus
> matrix
>
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 2:13 PM, Ray Zimmerman <r...@cornell.edu
> <mailto:r...@cornell.edu>> wrote:
> See scale_load()
> <http://www.pserc.cornell.edu//matpower/docs/ref/matpower5.1/scale_load.html>.
>  Or if it’s a simple fixed load at a given bus, just change the value of the
> PD column in the bus matrix.
>
>    Ray
>

>> On Apr 28, 2015, at 4:55 AM, Aruna Dharmala <dharmala.aruna...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:dharmala.aruna...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>>                    For available transfer capability calculations i have to
>> increase load(sink) at single bus and check the system performance
>>                    by increasing load if their is any voilation in line
>> limit that is taken as TTC candidate
>>                   can you please suggest code for increasing load at single
>> bus that can implement in matpower
>>    please help
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 1:07 PM, Ray Zimmerman <r...@cornell.edu
>> <mailto:r...@cornell.edu>> wrote:
>> I’m not sure I understand what you want to do. You could certainly create a
>> new function with the appropriate inputs and outputs, that wraps the code
>> below and use it to compute ATC.
>>
>>     Ray
>>

>>> On Apr 6, 2015, at 1:06 AM, Aruna Dharmala <dharmala.aruna...@gmail.com
>>> <mailto:dharmala.aruna...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Respected sir,
>>>                      how to add the given below  program to existing
>>> inbuilt opf code in matpower software.....?
>>>                       % get indices of generators
>>> ga = find(ismember(mpc.gen(:, GEN_BUS), mpc.bus(a, BUS_I)));  % area A gens
>>> gb = find(ismember(mpc.gen(:, GEN_BUS), mpc.bus(b, BUS_I)));  % area B gens