1) I’m not sure I understand your example … the power flow equations already
take care of matching load and generation, so a user constraint doing the same
thing would be redundant. In any case, the A matrix columns must correspond the
optimization variable x, which is defined in the manual
<http://www.pserc.cornell.edu/matpower/docs/MATPOWER-manual-5.1.pdf> in (6.5)
or (6.14), for AC and DC OPF problems, respectively.

2) There are multiple ways to model renewables … as zero-cost generation, as
fixed injections (negative load), etc.

Hope this helps,

    Ray