Dear Prof. Ray Zimmerman,

Thank you very much for your help. I have implemented your suggestion of
relaxing constraints over conventional power plants and got successful
convergence on both model.  While doing so  in 2# model I kept minimum
value of generation Pmin=0, and instead of using single slack generator
output to supply system losses I increased all conventional generators
output by 2% means Pmax=(Original Pmax)*1.02. So that losses will be
contributed by all generators. But I want to clarify some doubts.

1) My *Objective Function Value = -243875269.94 $/hr* is highly negative
after convergence, that I don’t understand why it’s highly negative. After
*mpc=load2disp(mycase)* I checked mpc.gencost matrix. In my case
conventional generators variable cost function is linear e.g.  [2  0  0  3
 0  10.91  0] and renewable generators and cross border generators cost is
zero e.g. [2  0  0  3  0  0  0] and for dispatchable loads I set linear
cost function [2  0  0  3  0  5000  0]. Am I using correct values in
mpc.gencost matrix? Or I have to use  for conventional power plants =  [2
 0  0  3  0  0  0] and for both renewables and dispatchable loads= [2  0  0
 3  0  5000  0] ? Both approach gives negative objective function value.

2) When I perform successfully *res=runopf(mpc) *all curtailments on
renewable / loads / redispatch of conventional power plants  will be seen
in *res.gen(:,2)* column (second column of res.gen matrix) right? Thank you
very much for your time.

Regards

Mirish Thakur