Hi everyone,

I am working on building up a specific transmission system model (220-450kV),
so I need to write my own MATPOWER cases. I know the network structure, so
building up the branch matrix is not a problem.
I also know the installed capacities (power plants, renewables, ...) at each
node, which gives me the active power generation (in % of the installed
capacity). But I don't know how to set proper values for the reactive power
generation! Does anybody have experience on how to fit the Q-limits to the
active power generation? What is your suggestion?

I don't have any data information on the reactive power by now at all and I
have no idea how to assess realistic reactive power limits.

Thanks,

Juls