Hello Houssem,

I don't know the reason why line Q-losses are reported that way in
MATPOWER, but heuristically, if voltages are kept within reasonable bounds
(say 0.9 to 1.10 in pu) then you can see that Q injections from line
Bshunts will remain also bounded, as they are equal to Bs·V^2.  By
contrast, the transmission part of Q-losses (I^2·X) can vary orders of
magnitude, depending on the load on the transmission network.

--
Jose L. Marin
Grupo AIA