Dear Sir/Madam,
         I have a question with the AC power flow calculation. In Matpower 5.1,
when AC power flow is calculated, if the q_limt is used, as the manual states
that "If any generator has a violated reactive power limit, its reactive
injection is fixed at the limit, the corresponding bus is converted to a PQ bus
and the power flow is solved again. This procedure is repeated until there are
no more violations". Obviously, we can find that all generators violating the
reactive power limit will be regared as PQ bus, then the power flow will be
recalculated. However, when I opened the file runpf.m,  I fund that the states
of all generators violating the reactive power limit are set to be zero, that
is, "gen(mx, GEN_STATUS) = 0";. That means the generation is turned off in the
next power flow re-calculation. This isn't included in the manual. It seems
unreasonable. So I want to know the reason why turn off all these generators.