When you simplified away the PQ buses, you lost the ability to specify loads in them.  So, theoretically, you could perform a load flow in which you can only have loads at the 54 generator buses.  You cannot use runpf, though,  as runpf starts by building the Ybus matrix from the bus and branch tables; it does not take Ybus as an input.  You would have to call newtonpf.m directly with suitable parameters.

carlos.

Philip Adedotun Olaniyi wrote:

Hi MATPOWER community,

I asked a question earlier and would like to modify it. I have a reduced 54-by-54 admittance matrix for case118. Can I use this as an input in MATPOWER for my power flow analysis? How do I go about it?

I would appreciate your help. Thank you.