Hi Aaqib,

Let me give you a few different answers, and you can pick the one you like
based on your real ultimate goal.

1. If you just want to run a power flow that respects the reactive power
limits, simply call runpf() with the 'pf.enforce_q_lims' option set.

2. If you want to change the PV bus to a PQ bus during the power flow solution
(as opposed to afterward, and re-running, like 'pf.enforce_q_lims' does),
you’ll have to modify newtonpf()
<http://www.pserc.cornell.edu/matpower/docs/ref/matpower6.0b1/newtonpf.html> to
update the pv and pq vectors and the corresponding j1–j6 indexes on the fly.
This has no effect on Ybus, however, and I don’t think of it as a topology
change.

3. If you really want to modify Ybus during the power flow solution, by adding
some synchronous reactance, then I’m afraid you’ll have to probably do some
more substantial modifications to make sure that newtonpf()
<http://www.pserc.cornell.edu/matpower/docs/ref/matpower6.0b1/newtonpf.html>
receives all of the information needed to make the Ybus modifications you want.

Hope this at least points you in the right direction,

   Ray